Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Killin' It Cosmetics - Epic Nights Palette Review & Swatches!

Everyone loves a new eye shadow palette, but get disappointed so easily. We expect a lot from a palette. We expect excellent pigmentation, beautiful colours, affordable prices and ethical ingredients and production of the product. Lately, I've been trying to test out smaller/Instagram brands, I am more of a drugstore user anyway, but I prefer "indie" brands, ones that I hope one day will be up there with Mac, Makeup Revolution and others, and ones I like to keep track of in my bullet journal.





Be sure to follow them on instagram at @killinitcosmetics
A recent brand I tried out, is Killin' It Cosmetics. Ran by a lovely girl, who started with eyelashes and created her first palette "Epic Nights". You can see from the picture below, that the name surely represents the colours and are beautifully arranged also. The product is cruelty free and pretty to look at for sure!



Ingredients: Stearate, Magnesium, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Oil, Mica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, MAY CONTAIN : Maca, Iron, Oxides, Manganesc violet, Ultramarine Blue, Chrome Oxide Greens, Hydrated Chrome Oxide Green, FD&C Yellow NO.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue NO.1 Al Lake.


Swatches:
Top and Second Row.
Bottom Row

I would like to apologise for the way my swatches are, with having sensitive skin and eczema on my arms, I didn't want to put too much product on, incase it aggravated my eczema just by being on my arms. However, after a patch test, concluded it is perfectly fine for my skin and even with the lightest of touchs, the pigmentation is perfect!

Verdict:
The palette is an excellent price for what it offers at £12. The product not only includes ingredients suitable for those with sensitive skin like myself, but offers a cruelty free alternative and the business is looking at developing vegan products too, highlighting the business offers excellent ethical values. The eye shadows themselves are amazing colours, beautifully arranged, and as you'll see in my next picture, work well together and don't need a lot of product on the eyes. Once ordering the palette, I recieved it within 3 days, and the charge of £3.50 was also quite good for such a good palette, and quick shipping. The colours blended excellently together and the black was my ultimate favourite shadow as I could use it for eyeshadow, giving me an extra addition to a smokey eye. All in all, I'd give the palette 10/10!

Thinking about purchasing the palette? Well if you buy now, you can get 20% off using the code "Pre20"! And if you do buy, be sure to let me know what you think too!


- Amylou


Snapchat: ameslou24